11talk materials are free to use! Learn more about CEFR levels.
Pronunciation Practice 1
The book will help the students gain confidence in pronouncing single consonant and vowel sounds. Students will master the contrasting alphabet sounds thru repetitive exercises.
1. Short a [æ] and Short e [ɛ] Sounds
2. Short e [ɛ] and Long a [eɪ] Sounds
3. Short i [ɪ] and Long e[i:] Sounds
4. Short oo [ʊ] and Long oo [u:] Sounds
5. Short o [ɑ] and Long o [oʊ] Sounds
6. Schwa Sounds [ʌ] and [ə]
7. Back vowel [ɑr] and Open mid vowel [ɝ]
8. Confusing r [ɾ] and l [l] Sounds
9. l [l] and n [n] Sounds
10. Voiceless f [f] and Voiced v [v] Sounds
11. Voiced b [b] and Voiceless p [p] Sounds
12. Voiceless s [s] and Voiced z [z] Sounds
13. Voiceless th [θ] and Voiced th [ð] Sounds
14. Diagraph ch [tʃ] and sh [ʃ] Sounds
15. Hard g [ɡ] and Soft g [dʒ] Sounds
16. v [v] and w [w] Sounds
17. Cluster "ks" [ks] and "kw" [kw] Sounds
18. Nasal "ng" [ŋ] and "nk" [ŋk] Sounds
19. The Magic 'e'
20. Final "-ed" Sounds